Fabulously Delicious: Frosted Circus Animal Bark
Over the weekend I helped plan a flamingo-themed birthday party and we were in dire need of a pink dessert, so I found this awesome recipe by Sugar & Cloth: Frosted Circus Animal Bark!
I mean, this is just the cutest dessert I've probably ever seen!! Also, it's VERY easy to make!! This recipe would be fun to make with the kids, or for a girl's night over some wine or just by yourself while you binge on your favorite show! I think the only problem you'll run into is trying not to eat all the cookies while placing them on the chocolate! Ugh, my weakness!
- 2 pounds white melting chocolate (White chocolate chips work just as well too!)
- Nonpareils sprinkles
- Pink gel food coloring (Yes, this exists)
- 1 package Frosted Circus Animal Cookies (One is enough...I bought three bags and REALLY didn't need them!)
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper. I recommend a large baking sheet because you'll have more room to spread the chocolate. Also, foil works fine if you don't have parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate in microwave at 30 second intervals at 50% power until completely melted.
- Divide chocolate into thirds. Use the food coloring to tint one portion dark pink, and one portion light pink. Leave the final portion white.
- Spoon large dollops of chocolate randomly across pan.
- Using a knife, make circular motions all over the pan to combine chocolates together.
- Sprinkle on nonpareils and animal cookies.
- Place in the fridge until firm, and then break into pieces and serve.
*Recipe adapted from Sugar & Cloth