Fabulously Delicious: Kim's Chocolatey S'mores Cookies
I randomly made these for my little Golden Globes get together and got so many compliments on them, so I decided I needed to make them for you guys! These cookies are so decadent, and so delicious! I would maaaaaaybe possibly recommend making these for a little Valentine's Day treat! You could take them to work or share them with your friends and family! I know they would all appreciate it very much! Enjoy!
Kim's Chocolatey S'mores Cookies
(I promise they're not as intimidating to make as the recipe looks!😉)
24-27 large cookies
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 - 12 oz bag milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 12-14 large gelatin-free marshmallows*, cut in half
- 1/2 cup milk or dark chocolate melting wafers
- 1/2 cup white chocolate melting wafers
*I tried this recipe using the mini marshmallows and they melted and didn't leave the center full, so I tried it gain using the gelatin-free marshmallows which taste exactly the same, but look much prettier!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric or stand mixer, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- In a separate bowl, SIFT together flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients on low speed until just incorporated.
- Fold in the milk chocolate chips, bittersweet chocolate chips and graham cracker crumbs until well combined.
- Scoop the dough using an ice cream scoop into your hand and create a well for the marshmallow in the center of the flat side of the dough.
- Place one half of a marshmallow in the center of the cookie dough, filling the well you just created.
- Fold the cookie dough over to cover the marshmallow and roll the dough into a ball. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place six prepared cookie dough balls on a Silpat or parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes until the edges of the cookies begin to turn golden brown. This will leave a nice soft and chewy center.
- While the cookies are baking, line the counter with foil and place cooling racks over them.
- Once the cookies are finished baking, remove from the oven and let sit for 5-7 minutes then transfer to the cooling racks.
- Heat both the chocolate wafers in separate bowls according to directions. Drizzle both chocolates over the cookies however you please. Sprinkle additional graham cracker crumbs on top if you'd like!
- Let the chocolate dry, then DIG IN! You've waited long enough!!
*If you're feeling sassy and happen to have a crème brûlée torch at home, throw some mini marshmallows on top and torch those babies up!
*When enjoying them later, warm them up in the microwave for 10 seconds and they will be perfectly soft and gooey, just like a s'more!!