Fab Finds: Current Makeup Routine
Lately I have been OBSESSED with how my makeup has been looking every day, and I wanted to share with you what I've been using on the reg! It's been such a simple routine, but leaves my face looking so fresh and fabulous all day!
...you ready for this!?
-Primer, Foundation and Concealer-
1. Urban Decay Self-Adjusting Complexion Primer: I recently discovered this primer while browsing at Ulta, and I am SO happy I did! It's amazing!! The secret to this formula are the micro-encapsulated beads of pigment that burst onto your skin while adapting to your skin tone leaving you with that flawless, matte finish. If you tend to have skin more on the oily side, I would definitely give this a try. At the end of the day, even post workout, my skin is still matte! #magic
2. Make Up Forever Ultra HD Foundation: I have never been in love with a foundation more than I have than with this one. Over the years, I have always used all the heavy FULL COVERAGE foundations because I always thought I needed them, and then...I discovered Make Up Forever. This foundation is so light, yet covers so well! It leaves your face feeling like SKIN, believe it or not! After it's applied and you touch your face, it doesn't feel greasy or oily, it feels like what your face should feel like and that's something I've really missed. Also, ever since I started wearing this foundation, I've received so many compliments on my freckles because before they were always so covered up and now you can see them! My own cousin even said to me she didn't realize I had freckles! If you're looking for a more natural look, give Make Up Forever a go! (Side Note: If you're local, go to Sephora at Fashion Fair and go see Jordan! She's the best and she will help you find the PERFECT shade for your skin!)
3. It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Illumination Anti-Aging Concealer: Heaven in a tube. I received this as a sample and I will most definitely be buying this again! It is the creamiest, the most illuminating under eye concealer I have ever used! I love it so much! I truly feel awake once I put this concealer on, so I'd say it's doing it's job!
1. Ofra Pressed Banana Powder: This banana powder has changed my under eye brightening game for SURE! I apply this powder on top of my under eye concealer and it instantly brightens my eyes! I absolutely love it!
2. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder: Prior to using this powder, I used to use a full coverage compact on TOP on my heavy foundation. This was one of my many mistakes in my makeup wearing journey and since discovering this setting powder, I can't believe how light and free my face feels all day! I apply the powder using the Velour Puff which I much rather prefer over using a brush. To me, it gives a softer, more even finish.
-Eyeliner, Mascara, Brows-
1. Ardency Inn Modster Smooth Ride Supercharged Eyeliner: I use this eyeliner primarily for lining the inside of my bottom lid. I like it because it glides on nice and thick and stays on all day unlike some other pencil liners that tend to be a little thin.
2. MAC Penultimate Eye Liner: I have been stuck on the "felt tip" eye liners for awhile now and there is no turning back for me! I really like this liner because you can easily make a nice simple cat eye, or you can create a more dramatic look by pressing down harder on the liner which creates a thicker line. Either way, this liner lasts all day and doesn't smudge!
3. Tarte Cosmetics Tartiest™ Lash Paint Mascara: I use two different mascaras every day, this being my first coat. I love this mascara because it really separates my lashes and preps them for my layer of volume.
4. MAC In Extreme Dimension Lash Mascara: This is where all the volume and curl come in! I love layering this mascara over the Tarte mascara because it truly does add dimension AND extension to my lashes!
5. Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow Volumizing Eyebrow Gel: This brow gel is fabulous! It does everything you need it to do; fill in your brows, give you color and volume and give you that perfect shape! I love it!
6. I also recommend using an eyelash curler before working on your lashes. Any curler will do, so check out this one from Sephora!
-Cheeks & Highlighting-
1. Tarte Cheek Stain in Glisten: I apply this cheek stain on my cheeks and smudge it in before I apply my blush. I always feel like I need something on my skin for my blush to stick to and for it to make it pop, and this is just that! What's nice about this is that you can wear it alone if you'd like, or you can layer your blush on top of it too. The cheek stain comes in nine shades, so you have every opportunity to find the perfect color!
2. Pacifica Blushious Coconut & Rose Infused Cheek Color in Wildrose: I absolutely LOVE this blush! It's the perfect shade to layer on top of my cheek stain and has just enough shimmer! I was really into the corals and the brighter blushes for awhile until I tried this blush. Absolutely in love.
3. Honest Beauty Luminizing Powder: I use this as a highlighter and swipe just a little on top of my cheek bones which is the perfect amount of highlight and glisten!
1. Clinique Pop™ Lip Colour + Primer in Berry Pop: This is one of three lip situations that I currently have in my purse at all times. I love this color especially for the Winter months because it's not too dark and it has the the perfect amount of brightness to it! Also, this lipstick is super creamy and feels really nice on the lips.
2. Honest Beauty Truly Kissably Lip Crayon - Sheer in Blossom Kiss: This is one that I wear almost daily! As the name says, it's "sheer" so it's subtle, but most definitely completes your look, especially if you're going for that soft, natural look!
3. Fresh SUGA(RED) Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15: My all time favorite lip balm, hands down! Once you try this, you won't want to use anything else. It's so silky, smooth and luxurious on your lips! The best!
Ok my beautiful friends, there you have it! This is exactly what I wear EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. Honestly, I have never been more happier with my makeup routine than I am right now! If you have any questions, feel free to shoot them my way!
What are you all using!? Anything fun I should check out!?